Building Value(s) Campaign
Camp Jorn YMCA has no long-term debt and is focused on a future of delivering mission-driven programs with the highest quality staff, equipment and facilities possible.
The ongoing Campaign provides an opportunity for all to invest in the future of Camp Jorn. Beyond new construction and capital investment, the Building Value(s) Campaign represents a concentrated effort on program excellence and staff development. In the coming year, we are going to rejuvenate the equipment and supplies we depend on to teach core classes. We will expand our program areas to serve more campers. Our goal, with the aid of trained and committed staff, is to offer a wide variety of opportunities so every child can be successful.
Gifts to the Building Value(s) Campaign will be used to stimulate the following facility endeavors:
- New Health Center – Camp needs a place for camper care and treatment and isolation rooms for overnight stays when illness requires it. Our growing enrollment requires accommodations for two health care staff. Safety requires a secure place for medication storage and management.
- Staff Lounge - The existing staff lounge is at the end of its usable lifespan so we are drawing up plans for a replacement. Having a place for staff to relax and enjoy some personal time is important to the overall function of camp. The new building will also continue to serve as a staff meeting location and can become a recreation area for retreat groups.
- Environmental Education Classroom – This project will provide dedicated space for campers to learn about our environment. Environmental education requires outdoor investigation and a place to dig deeper. Educational displays and hands-on activities with plants and critters will help campers learn.
- New Trading Post – The camp store is growing - both in what campers and families expect us to keep on hand and the need to have things available for retreat season visitors.
- Improved Waterfront, Program Areas and Vehicles – With very nice improvements being completed at the canoe and kayak area, we are now looking at some improvements to serve a larger water ski program - two boats instead of one. We will be looking for a new ski boat in 2013 and will also need to invest in a new commercial minibus.
- Facility Endowment – To ensure excellence today and in the future, the Camp Jorn YMCA has created the Heritage Endowment Fund.